SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#400838 - 03/25/15 01:43 PM my new CD entitled " Silver Moon " free download
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Long overdue but here at last, my latest home recorded album entitled “Silver Moon “.

In many ways a departure from my previous recordings and a milestone to boot.
First and foremost I should mention the musical collaboration with fellow musician Carlo, whom I got acquainted with through the internet and completely by chance, which only goes to show that miracles do happen. Throughout the recordings on this new album he has contributed widely and wisely to the ultimate results both by adding musical tracks, by providing sound and valuable advice and by being part of the final mastering.

In contrast with my previous home-made albums, all of which were recorded using one single arranger keyboard I now availed myself of my acoustic guitar in many of the songs.
Another departure from the beaten track is my (feeble) attempt at playing the piano, no mere feat for someone completely alien to the concept of tickling the true ivories…….
Equipment used : Korg PA800, Korg PA900, Shure Sm58
and a simple Martin DX1K acoustic guitar.

We hope you will enjoy the fruits of our musical labour and look forward to your comments and constructive criticism and perhaps you might consider mentioning your favourite track on the album, if any that is.

Koudekerke, Holland. April 2015

Links for listening and/or download:

SILVER MOON CD TRACKS
https://app.box.com/s/854jxr5x91bk2swrlqht52vvq96tadsc

SILVER MOON CD COVERS
https://app.box.com/s/wjs5w3jmjgf1qd7r6p61wx0hlwvwd0yf

#400847 - 03/25/15 08:08 PM Re: my new CD entitled " Silver Moon " free download [Re: john smies]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Listened to all the songs. Very well recorded. Consistent balance between the songs. Vocals clear and intelligible. My preference is up tempo material, so I liked those tunes best. The stereo mix on There’ll Never Be Another You really jumped out of the speakers. Love the guitar work. Would have preferred to hear more vocal harmony. Heard some on Never Ending Love. Thanks for posting.

#400854 - 03/26/15 08:24 AM Re: my new CD entitled " Silver Moon " free download [Re: J. Larry]
john smies Offline

thanks Larry.

I noticed that there have been 88 views of this post so far but if I go to my upload page I can see that on average there are about 7 views of most songs and two downloads.This may well be for lack of interest ( too bad) or is it that the amount of download bytes from BOX is limited ?
Another thing, if you simply click on the main file for downloading you do not have to bother going about it song after song, but I guess most folks will know about this.

regards,
John

#400884 - 03/27/15 09:38 AM Re: my new CD entitled " Silver Moon " free download [Re: john smies]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm downloading it now. Have been really busy--the bass are spawning!

#400890 - 03/27/15 10:40 AM Re: my new CD entitled " Silver Moon " free download [Re: DonM]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By: DonM
I'm downloading it now. Have been really busy--the bass are spawning!

Because you know I'm all about that bass,
'Bout that bass,

singer

#400891 - 03/27/15 11:01 AM Re: my new CD entitled " Silver Moon " free download [Re: john smies]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm listening to the songs now. They all are very well done and I'm enjoying them!
Didn't know what to expect with "Route 99", but it was really Route 66 of course!
John, you can be proud of this album--everything on it.

#400892 - 03/27/15 11:04 AM Re: my new CD entitled " Silver Moon " free download [Re: john smies]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John, I really enjoyed your rendition of Silver Moon, and thought it was superior to the Michael Nesmith originial.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#400894 - 03/27/15 12:02 PM Re: my new CD entitled " Silver Moon " free download [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

I listened a few of them, and i must say, i still like your arrangements... They sound like John Smies songs...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#400896 - 03/27/15 01:10 PM Re: my new CD entitled " Silver Moon " free download [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I am out of town but looking forward to downloading and listening next week ... headphone

#400904 - 03/28/15 06:38 AM Re: my new CD entitled " Silver Moon " free download [Re: travlin'easy]
john smies Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
John, I really enjoyed your rendition of Silver Moon, and thought it was superior to the Michael Nesmith originial.

Gary cool

I knew it , I knew it !! Should have joined the Monkees way back in 1966 when they asked me to! smile smile smile

Thank you guys for taking the time to listen and for your comments. I have always endeavoured to give each and every recording I made a personal twist and if I may believe Bachus I have succeeded in creating my own
song format ! smile smile
Still there are a couple of songs on the CD which could have been better but after more than 6 months and the usual physical inconveniences I decided to give it a rest.

kind regards,
John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online